Superintendents Teaching and Mentoring in a Program for Superintendents and Led by Superintendents: An Update on the AASA National Superintendent Certification Program®
The AASA National Superintendent Certification Program® is a dynamic, interactive professional development program held over a 20-month time-period and geared toward preparing new and emerging superintendents for this challenging and rewarding leadership role. The program is currently in its fifth year as a premier professional learning experience for superintendents. It was designed by superintendents and is led by superintendents with all participants assigned a seasoned superintendent as a mentor. With experienced Lead Teachers including Susan Enfield, Steve Murley, and Aaron Spence with Amy Sichel as the Lead Superintendent, the team of leaders for the program is very strong. The mentors are all superintendents who are or were extremely successful in their role as school superintendent.
The program includes:
- A professional learning community and networking supported by superintendents from across the country
- Nationally recognized superintendents serving as lead teachers as well as the assignment of seasoned superintendents to support the superintendents with every day and real-time issues
- Creation of a critical friend community to promote collegiality in what is often considered a very lonely profession
- National thought leader practitioners as presenters throughout the program
- Partnering with states to offer the program to explore options for continuing education credits and in some cases graduate credits if desired
Our long list of alumni graduates from the AASA National Superintendent Certification Program® underscore the benefits that the program has brought as they navigate the complex role of the school superintendent. The knowledge received and the critical friends formed is a formula for success!
The new East 2022 cohort of the AASA National Superintendent Certification Program® will open this summer In Alexandria, Virginia, in July 2020. The following links are from the AASA website regarding the AASA National Superintendent Certification Program®.
Feel Free to reach out to Amy with any questions or if you want to talk about the AASA National Superintendent Certification Program®.
Contact Information: Amy F. Sichel, Ph.D. email@example.com
Lead Superintendent, AASA National Superintendent Certification Program®
AASA Past President